When I came across this recipe it was one that I was intrigued with as this chocolate salami as it is called is a chocolate biscuit cake which comes in a roll that then can be cut into slices what ever size you wish , this recipe is part of the edible gift collection on YouTube
Edible gifts are so delicious and this one certainly looks that I am sure it will be received well by the person who you make it for
This great edible gift idea is brought to you by Gemma Stafford on Bigger Bolder Baking on YouTube , thanks for sharing this recipe with us
Here below is a video tutorial showing hoe to make this recipe also a list of the ingredients you will need along with a written recipe
1 cup (8oz/225g) Butter
2 cups (280g/10oz) best-quality semisweet chocolate chips or grated chocolate
1/2 cups (4oz/60g) sugar
¼ cup (30g/1oz)pure cocoa powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
8 oz biscuits, crushed (graham crackers,digestive, gluten-free OK)
½ cup (4oz/60g) toasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
½ cup (4oz/60g) toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
½ cup (4oz/60g) cranberries (or raisin/ sultanas/cherries)
1 tblps grated orange zest (optional)
2 tablespoons dark rum, bourbon, orange liquoir (optional)
1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl, in the microwave or over a Bain-Marie on a very low flame, stirring.
2. Add in your sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla extract and mix. Follow with your crushed biscuits, toasted nuts, fruit and citrus zest. When crushing the biscuits leave some bits bigger and some bits crushed fine. It gives your salami good texture.
3. Mix all of these ingredients together.
4. Lay cling wrap on your surface. Take some of your mix and shape into a log and wrap tightly in plastic, securing the ends with twisters. You will get 3-4 logs. Refrigerate the for 3 hours or until firm.
5. To decorate like a salami toss it in icing sugar and wrap in twine like in the video. You can leave this step out of you want. It is just an added touch.
6. To serve, unwrap and slice as thick as you want with a serrated knife. The salami slices better when left out of the fridge for a while.
KEEP IT REFRIGERATED AND WELL WRAPPED.