Baking over the weekend is such a great thing and most of us love to make a cake of our favourite flavours so I am always on the look out for new cake recipes for you all that I can share with you .. so how about this amazing recipe for Orange Polenta Cake With Honey Syrup .. it looks so delicious I think
Here are 10 facts about cakes
4. The earliest mention of a cup cake was in 1796 in American Cookery by Amelia Simmons.
5. The world record for cupcake eating is 72 in six minutes and was set by Patrick Bertoletti in 2012.
9. For tax purposes, the essential difference between cakes and biscuits is that cakes go hard when stale but biscuits go soft.
10. According to an old English superstition, putting a fruit cake under your pillow would make you dream about the person you will marry.
This great recipe has been brought to you by realfood.tesco.com website, thanks for sharing this recipe with us
Here is a list of the ingredients you will need from the website
As Italian-inspired desserts go, this orange and almond polenta cake is definitely one of our favourites. Served with a sticky honey and orange syrup, it makes a delicious dessert or party treat – just add a dollop of vanilla cream!
For the cake
- 150ml (5 1/2fl oz) sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 225g (7 1/2oz) self-raising flour, sifted
- 80g (3oz) caster sugar
- 80g (3oz) ground almonds
- 120g (4oz) polenta
- 1 large orange, zested and juiced (approx 140ml or 1/4pt)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp clear honey
For the syrup
- 100ml (3fl oz) honey
- 1 large orange, juiced (140ml or 1/4pt orange juice), plus extra zest, to decorate
- 150g (5oz) Greek yogurt or double cream
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
To Get The Recipe :https://realfood.tesco.com/recipes/orange-polenta-cake-with-honey-syrup.html