Why not start the day off with this amazing blueberry crescent braid that looks so inviting , I love blueberries in pastries and this blue berry braid is just what I am looking for to make for my family
I am always on the look out for new breakfast / brunch recipes that I can make for my family as we love to sit around the table as a family in the morning at the weekend before we start the day and this recipe would be ideal to share together
I really hope you enjoy it too and make it for you family.. happy baking
This great recipe is brought to you by Delish on YouTube , thanks for sharing this recipe with us
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial both from the YouTube channel
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Make fillings. Combine 4 tablespoons cream cheese, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside. In a separate bowl, combine blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
3. Prepare dough. Unroll the refrigerated crescent roll dough. If there are perforated edges, pinch the lines together to get rid of the cutouts. Lightly flour the dough, then roll it out slightly with a rolling pin to create a large rectangle.
4. Assemble the braid. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the center of the dough, leaving about a 3” border on each side. Spread the blueberries over the cream cheese mixture. With a sharp paring knife (or kitchen shears) cut diagonal 1″ strips along both sides of the dough. Starting at the top of the dough, fold the strips over the blueberries, alternating sides to fold the left and right strips over one another. Brush the top of the pastry with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar and almonds. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
5. Make glaze. Combine remaining cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a small bowl. Stir until the sugar is evenly incorporated into the cream cheese. Whisk in the cream, adding more to loosen the glaze if necessary.
6. Drizzle glaze over the pastry. Cut crosswise to serve.
6 tbsp. cream cheese, divided
1/4 c. sugar, divided (plus more for sprinkling)
1 tsp. vanilla, divided
2 c. (1 pt.) fresh or frozen blueberries
2 tbsp. cornstarch
Juice of half a lemon
1 (8-oz.) tube, crescent dough sheet
All-purpose flour, for work surface
Egg wash (1 beaten egg plus 1 tsp. milk)
1/4 c. sliced almonds
1/2 c. powdered sugar
2 tbsp. heavy cream