I have been looking around for some new recipes that are easy to make and the recipes are easy to follow, so how about this one for Apple Slab Pie, what I love about this recipe is it is a video tutorial plus the recipe which makes it so easy to follow .. really hope you enjoy making this recipe for you family or friends .. happy baking
This great recipe has been brought to you by Tasty on YouTube , thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial to watch from YouTube
Here is what you’ll need!
Apple Slab Pie
5 cups Granny Smith apples, chopped (about 8 medium-sized apples)
¾ cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
2 teaspoons cinnamon
Pinch of salt
Zest of 1 orange
4 8-inch refrigerated pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/200˚C.
2. Peel, core, and cut apples into ½-inch chunks.
3. In a bowl, mix the chopped apples, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and orange zest. Set aside.
4. On parchment paper, stack 2 pie crusts on top of each other. Roll out to 17 inches by 12 inches. Cut diagonally into ¾-inch strips.
5. Roll out another 2 pie crusts. Place on a 15 inch by 10 inch by 1 inch baking sheet.
6. Spread out apple mixture into the crust, then form a lattice top with the pie crust strips. Tuck the crust inward around the edges, and bake for 35-40 minutes at 400°F/200˚C.
7. Serve warm with ice cream.