I love this recipe as soon as I came across it , i was looking for a cinnamon roll recipe with a cream filling for another fellow baker who requested it but they wanted to have banana in it as well .. so to make this a little bit more interesting why not add the mashed banana to the cream mixture.. as recipes are there to be experimented on
This recipe has been brought to you by Tasty on YouTube , thanks for sharing this recipe with us
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial both from the YouTube channel
Here is what you’ll need!
2 packs cinnamon roll dough with icing..
(you could make your own cinnamon roll dough) here …http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/basic-sweet-roll-dough-recipe.htmicing l
To Make your own icing …http://allrecipes.com/recipe/216759/the-perfect-cinnamon-roll-icing/
8-ounce block of cream cheese
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Take two cinnamon roll dough pucks and press them flat into circles.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla, stirring until smooth.(* and 1 cup of mashed banana if you wish )
4. Add the milk and stir until there are no lumps.
5. Freeze cream cheese mixture for about 1 hour until frozen but not too hard.
6. Scoop out a large spoonful of the mixture and place it in the center of one of the cinnamon roll dough circles.
7. Fold the edges of the dough up the sides of the cream cheese scoop.
8. Place the other flattened dough circle on top, using a spoon to tuck the edges underneath.
9. Repeat with the remaining dough and cream cheese.
10. Place the sealed dough balls upside down in a 9×9 cake pan with the seams facing upwards.
11. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the rolls are golden brown and puffed.
12. Drizzle the reserved icing on top of the rolls, and serve while warm!
* To give these rolls the banana flavour add 1 cup of mashed banana to the cream cheese mixture