I love a good cobbler and what I love about this Peach Melba cobbler is that you can make it all year round as you can use frozen raspberries and tinned or frozen peaches
A really great dessert to make over a weekend so why not make one for National Peach Melba day which is today .. happy baking everyone
This great cobbler recipe is brought to you by bettycrocker.com website , thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is a list of the ingredients you will need from the website
- Prep Time 20 MIN
- Total Time 60 MIN
- Servings 6
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Vanilla ice cream, if desired
National Peach Melba Day
Five Food Finds about Peach Melba
- Peach Melba a classic dessert. A dish of peaches served with vanilla ice cream, raspberries & sauce.
- Melba toast & Peach Melba are indeed related.
- The dessert was created to celebrate famous & rather slender opera singer, Nellie Melba in 1892.
- It is said when she gained weight in her later career the same chef created a thin baked toast for her diet, Melba toast.
- Other versions of this dessert use pears, apricots, or strawberries instead of peaches and / or use raspberry sauce or melted red currant jelly instead of raspberry purée.