A really wonderful bread recipe to make, the recipe instructions on the website are in picture and written form which is great as it helps to have the pictures to look at as well, here below is an excerpt about this bread from Ella from home cooking adventure on YouTube
Easy recipe for Banana and Coconut Bread, a moist bread that combine so good the taste of bananas walnuts and coconut flakes. Instead of walnuts you can use macadamia nuts or almonds. Enjoy it alongside your morning coffee or a cup of milk.
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial to watch
1 cup (125g) flour
1/4 tsp (2g) baking soda
2 tsp (8g) baking powder
1 tsp (3g) cinnamon
1/4 tsp (2g) salt
3/4 cup (150g) sugar
1 stick (113g) butter, room temperature
3 or 4 ripe bananas (about 1 1/4 cup (300g) puree)
1/3 cup (70g) sour cream
1 tsp (5g) vanilla extract
3/4 cup (75g) walnuts, chopped
1 cup (70g) unsweetened coconut flakes
1.Preheat the oven to 350F (180C).
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, coconut flakes, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
3. In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until creamy. Add in the eggs and mix well. Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well incorporated.
4. Mix in the mashed bananas. With mixer on low speed incorporate the flour mixture. Stir in walnuts.
5. Lightly grease a 13 x 4 inch (35 X 12 cm) loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper. (9 X 5 inch – 23X 13 cm loaf pan would be good too.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake for about 50-60 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then invert onto a wire rack.