A really easy to make dessert are these peppermint squares, really great to make for the Festive Season as a touch of mint does have that Christmas feel about it
I really love this recipe so I really hope you do too
This great recipe has been brought to you by Tasty on YouTube, thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe and video tutorial from the YouTube channel
Yield: 36 squares
10 graham cracker sheets (34.79g sugar)
6 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup heavy cream (3.47g sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (.53g sugar)
3 teaspoons peppermint extract
2 tablespoons powdered sugar (15.65g sugar)
4 ounces dark chocolate (41.63g sugar)
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Place graham crackers in a gallon-sized re-sealable plastic bag. Crush crackers with rolling pin until fine in texture.
2. In a bowl, combine crushed graham cracker with melted butter and mix well.
3. Line a 9×9 inch pan with parchment paper.
4. Fill pan with graham cracker crumbs and pat down to create one even, compressed crust. Place in freezer.
5. In a large bowl, combine ingredients for peppermint cream with hand mixer until a thick, uniform cream is formed.
6. Remove pan from freezer and layer the peppermint cream on crust in one even layer. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
7. In a small bowl, combine chocolate and coconut oil (the exact amount of coconut oil needed may vary based on the chocolate used). Microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring between each, until chocolate is fully melted.
8. Remove pan from freezer and cut the sheet sheet of peppermint cream and graham cracker into 36 squares (i.e. 6 lengthwise cuts and 6 crosswise cuts).
9. Place squares on a metal cooling rack and top with melted chocolate.
10. Chill squares in fridge or freezer until ready to eat.