I have been ask a few times if I could find some recipes with pecans .. well I have here for you 10 amazing recipes for you to check out
Pecans are a great flavour to use in bakes so I really hope you enjoy these 10 top recipes and make a few for yourself
These great recipes have been brought to you by top-10-food.comwebsite , thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is a few pictures of the recipes but to get the full recipes please use the link at the bottom of the page.. happy baking
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Brownie-Pecan Dessert Squares
Pecan Pie Cheesecake
Pineapple & Pecan Dessert Squares
Raspberry & Pecan Dessert Squares
There is also Pecan Pie Trifle,Toasted Pecans Dessert Pizza,Butterscotch Pecan Dessert, Cherry And Pecan Clafoutis and Caramel & Pecan Dacquoise
To get all the recipes please use the link below
Top 10 Fun Facts about Pecans.
1. The name “pecan” is a Native American word that was used to describe nuts requiring a stone to crack.
2. The pecan capital of the world is Albany, Georgia, which boasts more than 600,000 pecan trees.
3. Pecan trees are native to North America and over 80% of the world’s pecan crop comes from the United States.
4. Pecan trees only produce nuts every two years.
5. The pecan pie was created by French people who had settled in New Orleans.
6. The pecan is heart healthy and contains antioxidants, 19 vitamins and minerals and healthy fat. One of the mineral components is zinc, which is important in producing testosterone in both males and females.
7. In 1995, Georgia pecan wood was selected by the Atlanta Committee to make the handles of the torches for the 1996 Olympic Games. The torches were carried in the 15,000-mile U.S.A. relay and in the lighting of the Olympic flame in Atlanta on July 19, 1996.
8. About 78 pecans are used in the average pecan pie.
9. Pecan trees can live to be over 200 years old.
10. One ounce of pecans provides 10% of the recommended daily fiber intake.
Article Source :http://www.tropicalfoods.com/6974/pecanfunfacts/