What an amazing pie to make is this chocolate pretzel one that has that pretzel base and chocolate filling .. the crunch an salt flavour from the pretzels goes really well with the chocolate .. so good
A totally wonderful pie to make for a dinner party or special occasion .. I love it .. I have made the pie and believe me it is good
This great recipe is brought to you by tasty on YouTube , thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial to watch both from the YouTube channel
CHOCOLATE PRETZEL CRUST PIE
Yield: 8 Servings
5 cups crushed pretzels
1 stick (8 tablespoons) melted butter
⅓ cup brown sugar
Chocolate Pie Filling
¼ cup cornstarch
1 ½ cups sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
4 egg yolks
3 cups milk
7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C.
2. Combine pretzels, butter, and brown sugar. Press mixture into pie pan.
3. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
4. Let cool to room temperature.
5. Whisk cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan.
6. Mix in egg yolks and milk, and heat mixture at medium heat.
7. Gently mix for about 6 minutes or until the mixture thickens like a pudding.
8. Once thick, take the mixture off the heat and immediately add your chocolate, vanilla, butter, and lemon juice.
9. Mix until ingredients are incorporated into a smooth pudding texture.
10. Pour filling into the cooled crust and smooth with a spatula as desired. (Any extra filling can be saved in cups and eaten immediately, or chilled for pudding cups.)
11. Let the pie chill in the fridge uncovered for at least 4 hours.