I love doughnut like most of us so when I came across this recipe that is so easy to make I just had to share it with you .. as you will see from the video tutorial below they are so easy to make
A really great treat to make for the whole family or close friends to enjoy .. so why not check out this recipe and make a batch or two .. you will love them
This great recipe is brought to you by tasty desserts on YouTube , thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial for you to watch both from the YouTube channel
50 grams vegan margarine
120 millilitres soy milk
2 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus 1 litre extra for frying
250 grams plain flour
100 grams caster sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Gently melt the butter over a low-medium heat. Add milk and 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil and mix together. Once combined, take off the heat and set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, 50g of the sugar, baking powder and salt with a fork. Make a well in the centre and pour in the butter mixture. Combine gradually until a thick dough forms.
3. Using your hands, roll dough into little flat balls and with your thumb, press a hole in the centre of each doughnut. (You may need to flour your hands for this part to avoid getting sticky!)
4. Heat up the litre of oil in a pan. To know when it’s hot enough, fry a little bit of bread in the oil. If it goes brown and floats to the top, in 45-50 seconds the oil will be ready! Gently lay the doughnuts into the oil using a spatula. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
5. Transfer the doughnuts onto some tissue paper to soak up any excess oil. Then roll into a bowl of the remaining 50g sugar.
If you need a conversion chart for the ingredients here is one http://afternoonbakingwithgrandma.com/u-s-imperial-metric-conversions-for-recipes/