With St Patrick’s Day Around the corner I wanted to find you some new recipes to try out , we have a few on the website under the heading of Holiday bakes for you to look at but here are some more like this Mint Oreo Cheesecake
A truly great recipe brought to you by Cookies Cupcakes and Cardio, thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe for you
1 package mint Oreo’s, crushed
• 1/4 cup melted butter
• 3 x 8 oz packages of cream cheese
• 1 cup granulated sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1/3 cup creme de menthe liqueur (or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract + green colouring)
• 1 package mint Oreo’s, chopped
• halved Mint Oreo’s
• Whipping cream
• Chocolate ganache
• Mint Aero bars and Bubbles
1. Combine crushed Oreo’s and melted butter to form the crust. Press the mixture into a 9″ spring form pan and set aside.
2. In a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition until the mixture is smooth again.
4. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the creme de menthe and mix until combined.
5. Pour half of the cheesecake filling on top of the Oreo’s crust. Add half of the chopped Oreo’s (reserve some for the toppings), and then pour the rest of the filling on top of the Oreo’s. Add the rest of the chopped Oreo’s to the top of the cheesecake.
6. Bake the cheesecake for 40-50 minutes at 350F or until the outer edge is cooked, and the inside is slightly wobbly.
7. Once baked, remove from oven, and allow to cool for one hour. Place cheesecake in the fridge for 3 additional hours to cool completely.
8. To decorate, pipe whipping cream rosettes using a 1M tip around the outside of the cheesecake. Squeeze a small amount of ganache on top of the whipping cream rosette, and then place a half Oreo, and a small square of Aero bar. Alternate rosettes with Aero bubbles and Aero bars.
9. Serve once decorated. The cheesecake can be kept stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days.