Love donuts ? then why not make this amazing donut cake that looks so delicious I was so mesmerised when I came across this video tutorial showing you how to make this cake as it is simple to make but is so effective it would be so perfect for that quick dessert
A really super recipe so why not check it out
This recipe has been brought to you by Delish on YouTube , thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial both from the YouTube channel
1. In a large bowl or a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine heavy cream, sugar, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and vanilla extract and whip until soft peaks form.
2. Spread a thin layer on a cake plate or stand. Top with a ring of five donuts, then break up one and place pieces in the center to make a full even layer.
3. Top with a layer of mocha cream, making sure to get it into the donut holes and slightly spilling over tops, then top with another with donuts. Repeat until you have four layers, ending with whipped cream.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 6 hours.
5. When ready to serve, make ganache topping: In a small heatproof bowl, add chocolate chips. Pour over hot heavy cream and let stand 2 minutes. Whisk until combined and creamy. Drizzle over cake and top with sprinkles.
6. Slice and serve.
FOR THE CAKE
3 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. sugar
3 tbsp. cocoa powder
1 tbsp. espresso powder
2 tsp. vanilla extract
24 old-fashioned donuts
FOR THE GANACHE
1 11-oz. bag semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 c. heavy cream
Rainbow sprinkles, for decorating