I love muffins to to make these dark chocolate mini muffins is heaven to me , I think they will be so good to make around the holidays to have with mugs of hot chocolate with sprinkles .. I certainly will be giving this recipe a go
A great recipe for National Muffin Day… yummy
I really hope you try it out too .. happy baking
This great recipe is brought to you from bhg.com website , thanks for sharing this recipe with us
Their mini size makes them cute, and dark chocolate-infused batter gives them plenty of antioxidants. We also used applesauce, whole wheat flour, and fat-free milk to slim down these fluffy muffins.
Dark Chocolate Mini Muffins
To Get The Recipe :http://www.bhg.com/recipe/muffins/dark-chocolate-mini-muffins/
For today’s Did You Know we will look at Muffin fun facts.
Muffin Fun Facts: Muffin n. a small, cup-shaped bread, often sweetened and usually served hot. The derivation of the word muffin comes from the French word moufflet which is often times applied to bread and means soft.
- December 19 is National Oatmeal Muffin Day.
- July 11th is National Blueberry Muffin Day.
- English muffins which are yeast raised and cooked on a griddle, may date back to the 10th or 11th century in Wales.
- American muffins are ‘quick breads’ made in individual molds. Quick breads were not developed until the end of the 18th century.
- The McDonald’s Egg McMuffin was introduced in 1972, it consists of American cheese, Canadian bacon, an English muffin and an egg.
- Do you know the Muffin Man? The Muffin Man, the Muffin Man. Do you know the Muffin Man, Who lives in Drury Lane? The muffin man went door to door delivering English muffins along Drury Lane. Many of the households on Drury Lane would have their food delivered to them. The rhyme was first published around 1820.
- Four U.S. states have adopted a State Muffin. (Massachusetts – Corn, Minnesota – Blueberry, New York – Apple and Washington – Blueberry).
Article source :http://mobile-cuisine.com/did-you-know/muffin-fun-facts/