A truly wonderful dessert to make is this Red Velvet Lava Cake, with that amazingly good gooey center that is just waiting to be broken into , a wonderful centre piece dessert to a dinner party or small gathering .. serve with cream or even ice cream and you are certainly onto a winner with this dessert
This great recipe has been brought to you by Home Cooking Adventure on YopuTube , thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe and video tutorial
Red Velvet Lava Cakes are one of the most decadent cakes you can prepare for your loved ones. They are easy to prepare and they are always a good choice for the times you want single serving desserts.
Makes 4-6 servings
4 tbsp (60g) sugar
4 oz (120g) white chocolate
1/2 cup (110g) butter
5 tbsp (50g) flour
2 tbsp (16g) unsweetened cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1 tbsp (15g) red food coloring
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
3.5 oz (100g) cream cheese, room temperature
2 tbsp (16g) powdered sugar
1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream, chilled
For decorating fresh berries, optional powdered sugar, optional
1.Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).Butter 4 – 8oz (230g) ramekins and dust with sugar or flour.
2. Melt chocolate and butter over a bain-marie until smooth. Meanwhile beat the eggs with sugar and salt using a whisk or mixer until thick and light yellow. Add melted chocolate and mix well. Add red food coloring and mix to combine.
3. In a bowl mix flour with cocoa powder and salt and add it gradually to the chocolate mixture. Pour batter into the prepared molds.
4. Bake for 14-16 minutes until the edges are firm and the center is still soft.
5. While the cakes are baking prepare cream cheese frosting if used for decoration. In a bowl add cream cheese and mix until smooth for few seconds. Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add chilled whipping cream and mix until stiff peaks form.
6. Remove the cakes from the oven and let cool slightly for 3-4 minutes. Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the molds and invert onto plates.
7. Decorate as desired, either sprinkle powdered sugar on top or top with cream cheese frosting and fresh raspberries or strawberries. Serve immediately.