I have been looking around for some new recipes that are easy to make and the recipes are easy to follow, so how about this one for Chocolate Meringue Roses ,what I love about this recipe is it is a video tutorial plus the recipe which makes it so easy to follow .. really hope you enjoy making this recipe for you family or friends Over The Holidays or for a dinner party .. happy baking
This great recipe has been brought to you by homecookingadventure.com website and Home Cooking Adventure on YouTube, thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the recipe and video tutorial
Chocolate Meringue Roses are a delicate and elegant dessert that can be made in advance for any occasion and everybody will be impressed and delighted. The meringues are dipped in dark chocolate which is balancing very well their sweetness. With their crispy texture these meringues completely melt in your mouth.
Making meringues is not difficult at all. You just need to whip the whites to stiff peaks and give any shape you like. In order for the whites to whip well is to make sure no yolks or shell gets in the whites or they will fail to whip. Let them dry completely to get the crispy texture and enjoy.
- Makes 23-25 meringues
- 2 egg whites (70g), room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 1/2 tsp (3g) vanilla extract
- Red food coloring
- 4 oz (120g) dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 200F (95C).
- Whip egg whites with salt until foamy. Gradually add sugar and whip until firm peaks form. Add vanilla extract and red food coloring and mix to combine.
- Fit a piping bag with 1M (½ inch- 1cm) large star tip. Make 4 lines of red food coloring on the inside of the piping bag.
- Transfer the meringue into the piping bag.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper make 2 inch (5cm) roses starting from the center and making circles around.
- Bake for 90 minutes. Turn off the oven and leave the meringues in the oven until the oven is completely cooled, about 2-3 hours more or even overnight.
- Melt chocolate over bain-marie.
- Dip bottoms in chocolate and place on parchment paper to set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.