Cheesecake well what can I say apart from the fact that it is a popular dessert for those dinner parties or get together so how about making this chocolate version, that looks so delicious that it will be hard to resist
I think you can’t go far wrong when making a cheesecake for a special dessert as everyone loves them and chocolate well you are onto a winner there
See what you think I just know I would be making one if I had a special dinner to make for
This amazing cheesecake recipe has been brought to you by Home Cooking Adventure on YouTube, thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is the video and recipe both from YouTube
This chocolate cheesecake is made with whole Oreo cookie crust, chocolate cheese cream filling, topped with an amazing spiral of chocolate frosting and decorated with chocolate curls. Any chocolate lover will love this for sure.
Ingredients Makes about 10-12 servings
7 oz (200g) oreo cookies
4 tbsp (60g) butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling
1 pound (500g) cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup (120g) sour cream, room temperature
4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate, melted
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 cup (100g) sugar
1 tbsp (8g) unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 tsp (1g) salt
4 oz (120g) semisweet chocolate, cut in small pieces
1/3 cup (80g) whipping cream, hot 1/2 cup (120g) whipping cream, chilled Chocolate curls, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350F (180C).
2. Prepare the crust. Place the oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and crush until crumbs form. Add melted butter and process until evenly moistened.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 inch (20 cm) springform pan using the back of a spoon.
4. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
5. Prepare the chocolate cream cheese filling.
6. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, cocoa and salt and mix until combined.
7. Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated. Add sour cream and melted chocolate. Mix until well combined. Try to not overmix the batter to incorporate as little air as possible.
8. Pour the chocolate cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust.
9. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven.
10. Remove and run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
11. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl and pour hot cream over it. Let sit for 1 minute then stir until chocolate is completely melted.
12. In another bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form. Mix in the melted chocolate.
13. Place the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 9 mm plain tip.
14. Pipe the frosting in a spiral over the cheesecake and refrigerate for another 30 minutes to set,
15. Decorate with chocolate curls or as desired and serve.