Scones are so good to make for that breakfast or brunch treat, so I wanted to find you some recipes that would be just perfect or that family or friends get together occasion , so how about these Simple Vanilla Scones, they are so tempting aren’t they
This great recipe has been brought to you by kingarthurflour.com.com website, thanks for sharing it with us
Here below is an excerpt about the recipe and a list of the ingredients you will need to make this recipe
Here’s your basic “start here” scone recipe. While this simple vanilla scone is delicious as is, it’s also the perfect vehicle for your favorite add-ins; we happen to love dried cranberries and walnuts. Though chocolate chips are tempting, too!
Baking gluten-free? For great results, substitute King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour for the all-purpose flour in this recipe; no other changes needed.
Our guarantee: These tender scones will have a dark-gold outer crust, and a light-gold, moist inner crumb. They’ll taste mildly of butter and vanilla.
- 2 3/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour or Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup to 2 cups chopped dried fruit, chocolate or other flavored chips, nuts, or a combination, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or the flavoring of your choice
- 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup half and half or milk
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sparkling white sugar or cinnamon sugar, optional