I love cream puff they are one of my all time favourites and my families too .. so when I came across this cookies & cream version I just had to give it a go over the weekend and believe me they were a complete hit with everyone
So easy to follow is this recipe that I just had to share it on to you all so that you too can make some for your family or friends .. Yummy
This great recipe is brought to you by tasty on YouTube , thanks for sharing this recipe with us
Here below is the recipe and the video tutorial to watch both from the YouTube channel
Here is what you’ll need!
25 chocolate sandwich cookies
2 egg yolks
2 cups half & half
¼ cup granulated sugar
¼ cup cornstarch
1 cup water
8 tablespoons butter
½ cup flour
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Using a knife, separate the cream from the cookies, and place them in two separate bowls.
3. Crush cookies in a blender or a food processor until fine. Set aside.
4. In a pot over low heat, combine egg yolks, half & half, sugar, and cornstarch. Turn the heat up to medium-high, whisking constantly to prevent any lumps.
5. Once the mixture starts to thicken, add in half of the cookie cream, stirring until smooth.
6. Transfer the cream mixture into a bowl, covering the top with plastic wrap and pressing the wrap down onto the surface of the cream to prevent a skin from forming. Chill.
7. In a pot, combine the water and butter, bringing it to a boil. Add the flour and ½ cup of the crushed cookie mixture, stirring until the dough comes together in a ball. Remove from heat.
8. Add in the eggs one a time, stirring until the dough becomes a paste. Transfer the dough into a piping bag with a large round tip.
9. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, pipe 1-inch mounds. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry has risen considerably and the insides are dry.
10. Transfer the chilled pastry cream into a piping bag with a small tip. Poke a hole in the center of the bottom of each cream puff and fill each puff with the pastry cream.
11. Microwave the remaining cookie cream for 30 seconds, stirring until smooth.
12. Dip the top of each filled cream puff into the cookie cream, dripping off any excess.
13. Sprinkle any remaining cookies crumbs on top of each cream puff.